Sunday, September 25, 2011

Quick Tip!

Today's Quick Tip is password protection! I highly recommend adding a password to your Kindle.  I'm not sure if Nooks or Sony eReaders can do this.  If you know, please tell me so I can add it!  I recently did this because I take my Kindle with me everywhere I go.  It's pretty rare that I leave my apartment without it (except to the grocery store..haha).  Just in case I ever *lose* my Kindle (trust me, the one time I thought someone took it I freaked out really bad.. just ask TinyDreamer.. she was there!) I'd rather people not be able to use it.  I keep a business card with my Kindle for the same reason.  To password protect your Kindle, follow these simple steps: home page -> menu -> settings -> flip to page 2 of settings -> click on add password/turn on -> type in password; save -> home

Now everytime you turn on or take off hold you will be asked to enter the password.  If you are constantly turning your Kindle on hold, you might not like this feature.  I recommend choosing a password that is simple to remember but doesn't take forever to type it.  Something with numbers and capital letters will be more secure, however will also become tedious to type in.  I chose all letters and a simple word that has was randomly chosen from a dictionary.

TinyDreamer told me that iPads have password protection for the whole device (not the Kindle App) too!

Happy Password Protecting!!

1 comment:

TinyDreamer said...

The ipad does have a password option for the whole device. As for the kindle App. it doesn't have it's own personal password protection, but there are some apps. like mobile banking do have a separate password protection.