Friday, January 13, 2012

Quick Tip

Today's Quick Tip (and the first one for the year 2012! yay!!!) is about magnets. If you have any kind of electronic, and love it, then try to keep magnets away from it. After my first Kindle, Dragon!, died I looked into what could have caused the problems. Then I realized... my Kindle case has a magnet in it!! Now, the magnet is inside the top flap/cover of my case... so there isn't too much I can do. It's covered by leather and very thick fabrics already...the company also "guarantees" it won't mess with my Kindle. I love my Kindle and my JavoEdge case, so just to make myself feel a little better, I added a little extra fabric in between the magnet and my Kindle. I simply slipped a little piece of fabric under the leather that holds my device in place. The fabric might not actually help, but it makes me feel better okay? Have you ever had a problem with magnets near your Kindle? Happy Quick Tip day!

2 comments:

Connie Keller said...

I made a case for my Kindle and used a button. Lo-tech.

My daughter bought a gorgeous leather case, but it had metal prongs that interfered with the Kindle's processor and made it crash. She ended up getting a refund.

HilyBee said...

Love the button closure. They are great and easy!

So far my case hasn't messed with my second Kindle Keyboard, but I also exchanged my case when I exchanged my first Kindle. The first case had the magnet exposed to the Kindle, which is part of why it died. I'm surprised the metal prongs interfered as well. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thank you!