Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Authors Not-So-Anonymous Week #9

Welcome everyone to the ninth Authors Not-So-Anonymous weekly meeting!! This weekly series is about authors from Twitter and Facebook!  This week, I would like to introduce Angel A. Walker into Authors Not-So-Anonymous!

Photo from Angel's Facebook.
Angel A. Walker is an adult fiction Indie author.  Graduating from Mansfield University with a Communication degree, she began writing when she was only fifteen years old.  Right after watching the classic horror movie Scream, Angel wrote a screenplay, and that's when the addiction started.  "Ever since then I knew I wanted to write."  Throughout high school and college, Angel continued writing for the yearbook, newspaper and in creative writing class.

Her favorite author is Karin Slaughter with Agatha Christie in at a close second.  "My favorite novel of all time is Agatha Christie’s And then there were none.  I read it when I was younger and fell in love with murder mystery/suspense books."

"It sounds weird but when I was in high school I would get the worst grades on all the papers I would write.  Then when I got to college, I got A’s all the time.  So my confidence came back and I realized hell, you are a better writer than you thought.  So in a roundabout way my inspiration came from my failure.  And anytime I make someone laugh it inspires me to write more."

Angel is currently working on the Such is Life series.  The first novel, Such is Life is available on Smashwords in ebook format for all eReaders.

Photo from Smashwords.com
Click here to preview the first 20% for free online.
Description from Smashwords:
Melissa Jones has never had a problem with being single. That is until she receives an invite to her ten-year high school reunion, and then her ex’s wedding, both events falling on the same weekend. As Melissa debates whether to cancel or suck it up, her assistant, Brett Thomas, decides to step in to “assist” her. Melissa figures once her date problem is solved the weekend will run smoothly. Not exactly. Her family will stop at nothing to embarrass her, her exes will stop at nothing to try and win her back, and using Brett as her arm candy gets a little sticky when buried feelings are brought to the surface. By the end of the weekend Melissa will have to make decisions she always read about, but never experienced. She’ll dream of the day when being single was her only problem. (end)

AND as a gift from Angel - first FIVE THREE TWO people to comment on THIS blog post will receive a free copy of her ebook Such is Life!  Please leave a comment with your email address disguised - (at) (dot) com - and we will be contacting you within the next 24 hours if you win!

Angel can be found on her website, Smashwords, Facebook and Twitter @MaSugar32.  She is such a wonderful person and we have become great friends!  Have an author to nominate?  Send me a message via Twitter or leave a comment with the author(s) name and Twitter name.  I'd love to add new members!  Happy Reading!

9 comments:

V.L. Locey said...

I`m commenting but don`t enter my name for a free book, since I don`t do the e-reader thing. What a lovely interview, Angel! I really liked how you took failure and turned it into inspiration!

Way to go my friend!! Can`t wait to get your print version in my hands!

Hobo's Books said...

I, too, want the print version, so don't enter my name for the free ebook. I do have some questions for you about the ebook formatting and availability of your book, so that we might might maybe might be able to sell it through our website, too. :) At any rate, we are SUPER-excited to do your author event next month in our new location and to start selling your book!!! Great interview here! I'm glad the word is getting out on you and your writing; we've got big hopes for you! Cheers, Kasey, at From My Shelf Books & Gifts, www.wellsborobookstore.com

Robert Zimmermann said...

Sounds like an interesting plot for the book. I'd love a chance to read more about it :D

my email is: zimmermannrobertj (at) gmail (dot) com

HilyBee said...

V.L. - Thank you for stopping by! :)

Hobo's Books - oh! Very exciting! :D

Rob - You will be hearing from me shortly! :)

Michele Stefanides said...

Congratulations Angel!! I loved your book since you first read your first three pages at writers group! You don't have to enter me in the drawing--I bought your book the minute it went live on Smashwords!

Sharon said...

I am just a lowly novice writer, it's interesting to me, reading what some of the new writers have to offer! I would love your ebook, I recently received a reader and have yet to try it out!

cherie_vintiques at yahoo dot com.

Sharon

MaSugar32 said...

Thanks guys for all your nice comments! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :) To you guys that want the ebook I will be emailing you the code by the end of the night! You all rock my socks off! Thanks for interviewing me Hil! I have a free ebook for you as well because you also rock!

HilyBee said...

You're very welcome Angel! :D

GalaxyCurse said...

Masugar32 and HilyBee you both know I can't let a good book pass me by without reading it :-)

Curse(at)curzed(dot)net