Monday, March 5, 2012

New Challenge!

This is a slightly different type of post... tell me if you don't like it. :)  I promise it is leading up to something more...typical.

I became friends with author JM Greenleaf on Twitter, her blog, and Writers-Unite recently.  She is an outstanding person and a blast to talk to!  AND I love her blog!  (Click here to be taken there.)

Ever had a conversation that goes a little something like this?
"What's for dinner?"
"I don't know...what do you want?"
"uhm...food?"
"(sigh) What type of food...?"
"uhm...I don't know...the yummy kind?"
"(deep sigh) Okay..what sounds good?"
"Pancakes."
"Okay....but we don't have the stuff for pancakes. What about steak?"
(it goes on and on until someone gives in or you just order a pizza)

Well... there's a solution!

Anyways...JM wrote this workbook titled Frugalarity: Let's Get Thrifty! Basically the workbook has a series of worksheets in it designed to help you plan your grocery spending.  The system teaches you how to plan out your meals for three weeks instead of just having that lovely conversation.  The workbook only cost $.99 on Kindle!

Ingenious right?  I decided, why not try this out!?  My grocery spending isn't really in need of a transformation (that I know of), but who knows - I might be surprised!  I challenged myself to use the charts for at least one month.  I want to see how it works and how to use it.  I am especially curious to see if the book works for smaller households (less than 4 people).  I plan to do a review of the book once I'm finished.

Anyone else interested?  Happy Frugality Challenge Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear your progress and results!! *dances in circles*