Monday, April 23, 2012

Dos and Don'ts of Commenting

Lets chat...about leaving comments - shall we?

Tips for leaving comments - How to not cheese off bloggers 101.... Dos and Don'ts of commenting...

1. Do ask a question - If you ask a question that is an actual question you want answered, I will answer if I can understand what you're asking...so please, try to use spell check and grammar check.

2. Do post anonymously if you don't have an account or simply don't want anyone to see your *name*. 

3. Don't expect all comments to be seen right away.  Anonymous comments almost *always* get sent to the spam pile.  And if they don't, it's because they don't look spammy. (anyone else craving spam?)

4. Do leave a comment. I will not judge you or be mean to you - so leave your thoughts!

5. Don't leave a rude, nasty, hateful comment and expect to receive any kind of feedback.  I just delete them and forget them within minutes of reading it.

6. Do have fun, interact, and check back on the comments more than once (especially if you love the topic we're discussing).

7. Don't judge other people in the comments.  This is a bully free zone!

8. Do leave me quirky comments.  I love them!

9. Don't leave a comment because you think you have to.

10. Do give me your feedback on a certain type of post.  I like hearing your feedback!

I'm trying very hard to interact with each person who leaves a comment.  Please understand that I am a busy college student, and I promise to get back to each person ASAP.  This was needed, sadly...anything else to add to the list?  Happy Commenting!

2 comments:

cindy said...

You're in college! And you're doing so much with the website. I love the clean look. I'm going to poke around a little bit.

HilyBee said...

Thank you Cindy! :D I am about to finish my second degree.