Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Authors Not-So-Anonymous Week #20

Welcome everyone to the twentieth Authors Not-So-Anonymous weekly meeting!! This weekly series is about authors from Twitter and Facebook!  This week, I would like to introduce Scott Roche into Authors Not-So-Anonymous!

Scott Roche is an author and IT guy who loves to write in multiple genres.  " I've written horror, science fiction, fantasy, alternate histories, and young adult. I also love to mash all of them up.  So if I had to say what type of author I am I'd call myself a blender."  He began writing in middle school, but seriously began writing about ten years ago.  Scott's inspiration comes from Stephen King and his children- "I love the way he mixes genres, always injecting his own style into whatever he writes.  My biggest inspiration these days though are my three kids. They seem to be natural born story tellers, which reminds me that all of us are born that way."

King, Tolkien, Koontz, J.C. Hutchins, and Ted Dekker are Scott's favorite story-tellers of all time.  He's a been a huge fan or horror and occult fiction from a young age.  Scott contributes to the Flying Island Press as one of the editors.  Scott strives to use all of his real-world experiences/knowledge in his books.  He is currently trying to put out one novella a month as part of the Children of Legend series.  The series currently has one novella and three short stories.

Ginnie Dare is one of Scott's novels annndddd because he such a sweet guy, he has given me a discount code for you!  Purchase Ginnie Dare for only $.99 from Smashwords here using the code: YB49F  This code is valid until December, so make sure to share it with your friends!! You can purchase the Nook, Kindle, iPad, Sony eReader, etc. compatible versions of thee book from Smashwords with no hassle.  Thank you, Scott!!

Ginnie Dare (description from Smashwords)
Ginnie Dare is the communications officer for her family’s space faring shipping company. They arrive at Eshu for a routine supply drop and discover that the entire settlement’s population has vanished. Their search of the site reveals nothing out of place, except the people, but ends in a tense confrontation with the natives. (end)

All of Scott's novels, novellas and short stories can be found on Amazon, Smashwords, and Scott's website. Have an author to nominate?  Send me a message via Twitter or leave a comment with the author(s) name and Twitter name and the tag #ANSA.  I'd love to add new members!  Happy Reading!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott- we have a lot of writing and reading in common. I can't really pick a genre when I'm writing and we have a lot of favorite writers in common. Interesting article!
Hilary- great article!

HilyBee said...

Thank you Jason! :D

Scott Roche said...

Thanks Jason!