Wednesday, October 17, 2012

ANSA: M.X. Kremzen

Welcome everyone to another meeting of ANSA (Authors Not-So Anonymous)!  This week it is my pleasure to introduce M.X. Kremzen into the group.

M.X. Kermzen is a Candian YA and sci-fi/fantasy author who's a true nerd at heart.  "I love science, technology, superheroes, and all that fun stuff! But, for some strange reason, technology hates me. Phones break down, cameras stop working, batteries die out for no reason. A computer I once owned literary exploded. Sparks and smoke were involved.  On a positive note, if Skynet ever takes over or the Matrix turns out to be real, I'll be a good person to have around.  :)"

He started writing three short years ago, fulfilling a his dream. "It was something I really wanted to do ever since I read Harry Potter when I was younger, but I didn't have any good ideas until the concept for The Dark Matter Chronicles series came to me. I didn't know how challenging it would be to write a novel until I was well into the first draft of Dark Rising, and by then, I couldn't stop." During his writing career, he has been inspired by J.K. Rowling, Philip Pullman, Alexandre Dumas, and Frank Herbert, as well as the sci-fi/fantasy community. "But I draw a lot of inspiration from things like scientific articles or great music as well. I'm also addicted to TED videos."


M.X. chose to be an Indie author instead of getting published because of the time it takes to get a book published using the traditional publishing.  "I will definitely keep traditional publishing in mind for the future, but for the time being, I'm going the indie route. Science, fantasy, and superheroes have had a BIG year. I think a novel that includes themes like space, science, technology, fantasy, adventure, superheroes, and war, (as my novel does), should be out in the world right now. Publishing through Amazon was the right choice for me."

His first novel was released in September 2012. Dark Rising (The Dark Matter Chronicles) is the first book in the series. M.X. is currently working on book 2, but does not have a set release date yet.

Dark Rising Book Blurb....
The ancient and powerful Arcana have fallen. The knowledge they recorded was lost. The artifacts they gathered from civilizations throughout the universe have been destroyed. Their ability to harness the powers of dark matter couldn’t save them. Many are dead. The rest are scattered. And the vengeful defector that brought them down has begun his hunt for the remaining survivors.

When sixteen-year-old Alexander learns he’s an Arcana, the hunt is already underway. All his gadgets, books, and plans to run away have to be put aside. And when James, the young alien instructed to take him to safety lapses him into the heart of enemy territory to settle a personal score, Alexander has no choice but to accept the responsibilities placed on him. That includes learning to wield his new-found dark matter abilities, even though he’d rather not. But nothing is as simple as it seems. Secrets have been kept. A truth has been hidden for thousands of years. If Alexander doesn’t learn who and what he actually is in time, it’s not just his life he’ll lose. Entire worlds will die with him.
(end)

Dark Rising can be purchased on Amazon.  More about Dark Rising and extra information about the series can be found here on the official website.  Happy ANSA!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There's just something about this book that is drawing me in...I've added it to my cart on Amazon. (Saving up for a massive bulk buy of £700!)

I am also addicted to TED videos, high five M.X!

Your whole introduction: "I love science, technology...but for some strange reason, technology hates me." - sounds like a great beginning of a new story! You're welcome.

Anyway good luck with your novel, and thanks to Hilybee for introducing such an interesting author!

- Steph

M.X. Kremzen said...

Thanks for the kind words, Stephanie! Buying books in bulk is just good sense! I should have a print copy out this week too, so you'll have more options by the time you're ready :)

HilyBee said...

That is a great idea, buying a bunch of books at once. :) I do that all the time. I'm glad you found another one to add to the list!