Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ANSA: Frank Nappi

WELCOME to this week's ANSA everyone!  The talented Frank Nappi is back with us today for even more fun!  He recently released yet another novel, Echoes from the Infantry  Read Frank's first interview here.

Frank Nappi is not an author of just one genre, but many.  "While many writers remain faithful to one genre, mostly because they possess an affinity for that type of writing, my inspiration comes from a true penchant for exploring that about which I am most passionate.  However, what binds them together is that same basic element that really defines who I am as a writer - someone who is moved by the human struggle."  His professional writing career began in 2005, but he began writing at a very young age.  "I can remember writing a story when I was very young - maybe five or six years old. It was about a king who rescues a girl and makes her his queen. Not really sure where the idea came from, or even how good it was. I just remember my mom typing it for me when I was finished and that image always makes me smile."

Frank has been teaching high school English and Creative Writing for almost twenty five years.  He lives on Long Island with his wife and their two sons.  He won a silver medal for outstanding fiction from MWSA for Echoes fom the Infantry and has a movie adaptation to his novel The Legend of Mickey Tussler.  Frank just released his first thriller, Nobody has to Know, which received endorsement from NY Times #1 best selling author Nelson DeMille.  He is now working on the third and final installment in the Mickey Tussler series.

After so many successful novels, we all have to wonder...how in the world does he come up with it all?  "My motivation for writing anything has always been simply a genuine interest in the human condition -- more specifically, what makes us act and react in the manner that we do. Human beings are so very complex and are often immersed in situations that result in a struggle of sorts. This sort iof drama exists all around us. Whenever I observe a facet of this condition or struggle, I am intrigued and ultimately compelled to explore it further through fiction.  Again, this has caused me to become very versatile in my literary endeavors. While many writers remain faithful to one genre, mostly because they possess an affinity for that type of writing, my inspiration comes from a true penchant for exploring that about which I am most passionate."

Frank's novels can be found on Amazon, Barnes&Noble as well as his website.  Read chapter one for free on Goodreads.


Giveaway time!  Frank and Tribute Books would like to giveaway one ebook of Echoes from the Infantry to a reader of mine.  

Please leave a comment with the following:
What is your favorite genre to read?
Your first name and last initial (example: Hilary L.)

The giveaway will be held for one week (ending on February 13, 2013).  The winner will be announced on this post, Facebook, Twitter and via email.

Keep up with the rest of the tour, Frank, and his other novels on his blog, Frank's Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Tribute Books Facebook, and the tour website.  Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Tribute Books said...

Hilary, thanks for inviting Frank back to Novel d'Tales. I always enjoy what the two of you come up with.

Robert Zimmermann said...

I think I'm starting to get into sci-fi a lot lately. I never really have one genre I stick with. I like to keep my reading broadened, but sci-fi his catching my attention a bit lately.

Robert Z.

HilyBee said...

It's so much fun working with Frank!

Rob - It's a tough genre. I either love it or hate it. Depends on how "dark" it is.