Friday, May 3, 2013

Review Day: A Guilty Mind

It's Review Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title: A Guilty Mind
Author: Kellie Larsen Murphy (check out her ANSA here)
My Rating: 5 stars

Book Blurb:
George Vandenberg is a broken man with a volatile temper, haunted by the memory of the young woman he once loved and “accidentally” killed. Wrestling with the guilt and pushed by his psychiatrist to confess the circumstances of her death, he teeters on the edge of a nervous breakdown. The past collides with the present when the doctor turns up dead, brutally stabbed to death in his office. Stunned and confused, George emerges as the primary suspect even as he becomes a target himself. To prove his innocence, George must face the police, his manipulative wife, and the past he’s been unable to forget. When the truth is finally divulged, no one, including George, is prepared for the collateral damage or the shocking identity of the killer.
My Review:
A thrilling mystery novel that will keep you guessing and intrigue you from the beginning.  The novel rivals all the great psychological/thriller/mystery writers out there - Lazarus Strain, Dean Koontz, Gillian Flynn.  I loved it from the first chapter on.  The twisted details in the novel made me think it was real.  I could "see" every single event in my mind happening.  The pictures so vivid I actually felt the same way the characters did.

Kellie is a genius with a piece of paper and penShe wrote with just enough detail to put your mind in overdrive but not so much  that it overwhelmed the story.  I had nightmares after reading her novel (not a bad thing!!) because it creeped me out so much AND because it was so memorable.  I highly recommend this novel to all the mystery, horror and psychological thriller fans out there.  LOVED it Kellie!!

Pick up a copy of A Guilty Mind on Amazon.  Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your kind review!